What is the work-study programme (WSP)?
The Work Study Programme is a structured training programme developed by local institutes of learning, industry partners, and the government to nurture skilled workers beyond traditional academic pathways.
Participants earn a salary while attending part-time courses at local polytechnics. At the end of the programme, participants achieve a Work-Study Post Diploma and secure a full-time position with their employer.
At AcePLP, potential applicants must first register as a Trainee BIM Engineer. Applicants who are interested can approach HR to apply for the WSP.
What are the benefits of the work-study programme?
- Receive a $5000.00 sign-on incentive on completion of the Work Study Programme
- Gain technical skills while learning on the job
- Gain a Work-Study Post-Diploma (i.e. Specialist Diploma) from Singapore Polytechnic or Temasek Polytechnic
- Receive a monthly salary of $2100.00++ from the participating employer (AcePLP)
- No need to pay any upfront fees for the Specialist Diploma. Course fee is fully covered by the participating employer.
What happens during the work-study programme?
A structured training programme is developed by the local polytechnic in collaboration with the employer. Applicants would gain access to mentorship and employer-sponsored training during the 12-36 month WSP. Applicants are required to make employment arrangements separately with their employer.
Upon successful completion of the WSP, applicants will receive a sign-on incentive of $5000.00.
what are the entry requirements for the work study post / Specialist diploma in bim?
Applicants to the WSP are expected to have at least one relevant background in:
- Civil & Structure Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Plumbing & Sanitary Design
- Diploma in Architecture (SP)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering with Business (SP)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (NP)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (SP)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (TP)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (RP)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering with Eco-Design (NYP)
- Diploma in Green Building & Sustainability (TP)
- Diploma in Green Building Energy Management (RP)
- Diploma in Integrated Facility Management (TP)
- Diploma in Landscape Architecture (SP)
- Diploma in Landscape Design & Horticulture (NP)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (SP)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (NP)
- Diploma in Sustainable Architectural Design (NYP)
- Diploma in Sustainable Urban Design & Engineering (NP)
Applicants without the above requirements can still apply for the Specialist Diploma by reaching out to HR for additional support.
How do i apply for the programme?
There are two relevant Work-Study Post Diplomas that our engineers can apply for. These are:
- Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management offered by Singapore Polytechnic
- Specialist Diploma in BIM Construction & Asset Management offered by Temasek Polytechnic