Who are the time-based bim coordinators?
In every Building Information Modelling (BIM) project, there will be a Time-Based BIM Coordinator from AcePLP assigned to each construction discipline – Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and many more. The overall role of the BIM coordinator is to coordinate the BIM models within their own discipline and across disciplines in accordance with the direction outlined in the BIM Execution Plan (BEP). These individuals may specialise in many areas including Architectural, Structural, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Services.
What are the roles & responsibilities of a time-based bim coordinator?
The roles and responsibilities of a Time-based BIM Coordinator shall include but not limited to those indicated in the Singapore BIM Guide and the following:
- Point of contact and BIM expert responsible for the development, implementation and management of BEP, BIM strategies, processes and standards for his discipline
- Coordinate with BIM Manager, other BIM coordinators and consultants
- Oversee appropriate data flow internally and externally.
- Validate level of detail, modelling content and quality control before the release or exchange of model with other parties
- Validate model content throughout the project for their organization’s scope of work
- Participate in design and model coordination meetings and review sessions
- Track and manage model changes requested by technical teams
- Perform BIM software upgrades and validate that models have not been impacted by the upgrade using checklists developed by the BIM Manager
- Facilitate use of BIM models in design coordination or clash detections meetings and generate clash reports by the identification and resolution of all hard and soft collisions within the BIM Models
- Ensure development and documentation of clash resolution