Who are the time-based CAD/bim Drafters?
The Time-based Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Drafters adopt CAD software to create designs and schematics used to manufacture products or construct buildings. These individuals may specialize in many areas including Architectural, Structural, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical drafting.
What are the Roles & Responsibilities of a time-based CAD/bim Drafter?
The roles and responsibilities of Time-based CAD/BIM Drafters are essentially similar to a BIM Modeller except that it is typically limited to the scope of 2D drawings creation. The roles and responsibilities of a CAD/BIM Drafter shall include but not limited to the following:
- Handle designing and drafting work as assigned by the Architects or engineers under minimal supervision
- Create drawings from written and verbal specifications obtained from relevant parties
- Work with relevant parties to ensure that drawings reflect the design and construction intent
- Adhere to drafting standards
- Complete drafting responsibilities within schedule assigned
- Review drawings and ensure it is within drafting standards prior to submissions
- Maintain all revisions of drawings for future references
- Constantly update and maintain a drafting log