What is Autodesk Civil 3D?
Autodesk Civil 3D is a civil engineering design and documentation software that supports Building Information Modelling (BIM) workflows on a range of civil infrastructure project workflows, such as roads and highways, land development, rail, airports, and water. This software helps civil infrastructure project teams to enhance delivery, maintain more reliable data and processes, and adapt more quickly to project changes. With specific tools and customisable design standards, Autodesk Civil 3D helps organisations streamline time-consuming tasks such as intersections, roundabout and corridor design, parcel layout, pipes, and grading.
What are the key features of Autodesk Civil 3D?
The key features of Autodesk Civil 3D are as follows:
- Task-based tools to manage GIS data and aggregate GIS data with design data
- Create plans, profiles, and cross-sections for roads, land development, and other civil designs
- Consistent project standards with drawings organised in a project-based structure
- Access spatial data stored in files, databases, and web services
- Standard data schema, automated business workflows, and report templates for Electric North America, Electric Europe, Water, Wastewater, Gas industry
- Intelligent civil objects that interact to create interconnected designs along with configurable styles that enable Civil 3D to conform to nearly any graphical standards automatically
What are the benefits of using Autodesk Civil 3D?
Benefits of Autodesk Civil 3D include:
- Collaborate and manage data across project teams with BIM 360 Design
- Advance workflows with GIS integration
- Experience more efficient workflows for surface modelling, corridor modelling, site design, storm and sanitary, and plan production and documentation
- Use Civil 3D with other Autodesk software like InfraWorks, Revit and Navisworks
Check out our services if you are looking to outsource affordable and quality Autodesk Civil 3D services. We cater to main contractors, consultants, architects, engineers, and many more. We will be glad to assist you.