What is Autodesk Advance Steel?
Autodesk Advance Steel is an easy-to-use and comprehensive structural steel detailing software that helps users speed up workflows with 3D modelling tools that help improve accuracy and reduce the time from design to fabrication. Built on the AutoCAD platform, structural engineering professionals used the software to help accelerate design, steel detailing, steel fabrication, and steel construction.
It supports all the basic concepts and functions in AutoCAD and operates mainly in DWG format. The software has the same capabilities when running on its CAD platform as those running on AutoCAD. The Advance Steel CAD platform serves as both a graphic engine as well as an object-oriented database.
What are the uses of Autodesk Advance Steel?
Autodesk Advance Steel is a highly advanced software package designed for structural steel detailers, mechanical designers, fabricators, engineers, and architects. Besides offering a comprehensive toolset for structural steel design, Autodesk Advance Steel provides many features that allow users to detail steel structures quickly and confidently and prepare shop drawings for fabrication. The key features of Autodesk Advance Steel are as follows:
- Creation of a 3D model using a library of construction elements
- Sheet metal and plate work
- Advanced tools for element collision detection
- Clear workshop drawings, automatically labelled and dimensioned
- Checking the model to ensure a correctly built 3D model and accurate bills of materials
- Automatic creation of general arrangement and shop drawings, fabrication drawings, fitting drawings, isometric views, and fabrication drawings
- Drawing creation workflow management
- Automatic creation of lists/bills of materials and NC files
- Multi-user technology − all users involved in a project can work simultaneously and securely on the same model, without errors.
What are the benefits of using Autodesk Advance Steel?
Benefits of Autodesk Advance Steel include:
- Automated drawing creation module
- Customisable automatic joints
- Efficient and user-friendly document management
- Fast and proficient modelling
Check out our services if you are looking to outsource affordable and quality Autodesk Advance Steel services. We cater to main contractors, consultants, architects, engineers, and many more. We will be glad to assist you.